Tuesday, October 5, 2010

What we did Today!

All classes:

Students who did not finish their culture guided reading last week did so today. We also worked on our Junior Scholastic magazines most of the class period.

We will finish working with the magazines on Thursday since tomorrow is the Haw River Field Trip.

Many students did not follow directions and/or did not complete their Cultural Traits project/collage for which they had over a week to finish.

Parents:
I came back to my classroom yesterday to learn from at least 5 different adults in the school that the behavior in all three of my classes was terrible while I was away. I have addressed this issue with them and had each student write me a letter explaining how they thought their class' behavior was last week. These letters are not good. Many students described students being rude to the substitute and basically taking advantage of me not being in the classroom. I am very disappointed and saddened that my students have acted this way and I do hope you address this at home with your child. Many students said that others were back talking my substitute. There is no reason for this kind of behavior to go on in my classroom whether I am there or not. My expectations do not change whether I am in the classroom or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment